Top-Rated Aluminum Fencing Contractor Serving Orlando and Central Florida Area
Call Big "Wood"y's Fence for long lasting aluminum fence installations!
Are you looking to add a touch of elegance or old world charm to your home? Aluminum fencing is the fence choice for many home and business owners. Whether you are interested in securing your property or enhancing your property's appeal, aluminum fencing may be the right choice for you. Aluminum fencing is costlier at the onset than fences constructed of wood and chain-link, but it is a high-quality fence that provides superior security and beauty without ongoing maintenance. It is also an extremely strong and durable fencing option, making it an excellent choice for anyone who wants a fence that can withstand years of wear and tear. Here are some of the benefits of aluminum fencing:
- Long-lasting and durable
- Aesthetically appealing
At Big "Wood"y's Fence, we do not paint our aluminum fencing, we powder coat. We believe Powder Coating is superior to paint and here are some facts to prove it …
- Powder coating is a type of coating that is applied as a free-flowing, dry powder
- Does not require a solvent to keep the binder and filler parts in a liquid suspension form
- Coating is typically applied electrostatically and is then cured under heat to allow and form a "skin"
- Powder is either thermoplastic or thermoset polymer
- Used to create a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint
- Mainly used for coating of metals (household appliances, aluminum extrusions, drum hardware, and automobile/bicycle parts)
Types of Powder Coating
There are two main categories of powder coatings; Thermosets and Thermoplastics. The Thermosetting variety incorporates a cross-linker into the formulation. When the powder is baked, it reacts with other chemical groups in the powder to polymerize, improving the performance properties. The Thermoplastic variety does not undergo any additional actions during the baking process, but rather only flows out into the final coating.
The most common polymers used are polyester, polyurethane, polyester-epoxy (known as hybrid), straight epoxy (fusion bonded epoxy) and acrylics.
- The polymer granules are mixed with hardener, pigments and other powder ingredients in a mixer
- The mixture is heated in an extruder
- The extruded mixture is rolled flat, cooled and broken into small chips
- The chips are milled and sieved to make a fine powder
The Powder Coating Process
The Powder Coating process involves three basic steps:
- Pre-treatment or wash
- Powder application
Here at Big "Wood"y's Fence we fabricate all of our Aluminum Fence piece by piece for a custom fence or gate. You do of course have the option of purchasing what is known as pre-fab or mechanical aluminum fence. Ask your Big "Wood"y's Fence representative to show you the comparison!
If you are looking for high-quality fencing that requires little maintenance, aluminum fencing is one of your best options. Aluminum fencing is incredibly beautiful, and unlike wood or even chain link fencing, it rarely loses its luster over time. After Big 'Wood"y's Fence has installed an aluminum fence on your property, you can admire it without worrying about its upkeep for years to come. Don't hesitate to contact big "wood"y's fence for a free estimate or to learn about our fencing services!
Call 407-299-1102 today! All of our phone and written estimates are free. Either call or request a free estimate online.
Serving All of Central Florida and the Surrounding Area!
Orlando, Winter Park, College Park, Edgewater, Maitland, Altamonte Springs, Longwood, Lake Mary, Heathrow, Windermere, Winter Garden, Apopka, Sanford, Ocoee, Osceola County, Waterford Lakes, Casselberry, Conway, Airport, Oviedo, Lake County, Orange County, Seminole County, Orange County.